Saturday, February 18, 2006

New Offer

New path

It was with some trepidation on the day - 15th Feb 2006 that the whole Siebel office waited in the boardroom for our fate.
The Oracle HR have given us a brief on their benefits - not too bad! Things are getting rosy!
But what about the $$...
One by one, we were called and given our letter..
Praise be with God! My base and OTE remains unchanged!!
With this, all the months of uneasy uncertainty ended... of course some did not made it...life goes on...law of the jungle..

And thus ended my relationship with Siebel ... I remembered when I was still a rookie just 3 years after my DSTA days, travelling to US ... driving on 106...going to mega malls...that was pretty awesome to me then.
I recalled being extremely alien to the concept of even conference calls then..haha
And who can forget the heady days of the stock options....
and it has accepted me ....3 times back ..
And now itself, it has returned to its roots...when 14 years ago, in a little laboratory in Oracle, a ambitious man decided to strike it out on his own and created a legacy.

With that, I salute you "Siebel" and thank you for everything.

Sam

No comments: