Saturday, November 11, 2006

Yang's Performance

It's the morning before I will hop on the plane to Finland later.

Temp check - minus 5 degree max... not as bad as predicted! Got even a few days of 2 and 3 degree!

Last Friday was Yang's performance. Watching the play gave me a bittersweet feeling...while my heart burst with pride as a father when I see my little boy running and dancing on stage...I also realized time indeed has flashed past almost without us knowing..

Children....why do they grow up so fast?:) Such that every action..every word becomes memories quickly...

When I first saw Yang...he was wrapped in a blanket - with eyes wide open looking at me. I just bend over and introduced "Baby..this is Papa..welcome to the family..." The experience is something I will never forget in a hurry.

Right now, my boy still sleeps with us in our bed and likes to bury his hands and feet under our bodies to get warmth. Sometimes, you get irritated when he kicks you repeatedly in the night but..sigh..one day one will look back and gives a million dollars just to replay these childhood days with your children again.

I am glad we have resisted the travelling jobs before during these formative years - truly nothing will compensate these times with your child.

Yesterday, Wabe gave me a "Ping an Fu"..I wore it during the dinner and trip home :) I am very touched by the gesture... sometimes you realized one do not need much to be happy.. happiness comes from contentment and I am blessed with my family :)

Sam

No comments: