Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Dark Day

The last few days were bright and hopeful - the situation had looked good with Wai Por able to go home on Thursday.

Alas, the cruel Rogue dealth another blow.....she had severe bleeding in the motion twice and passed out....Wabe called me at 3 plus pm crying saying the doctors are saving her....I rushed with a heavy heart to SGH...things do not look good.

Saw Wai Por revived but weak...has to go High Dependency Ward ... Dr Lim had to set expectations..I believed the message was ...the family need to get ready and be prepared...

At this, saw mother-in-law cried. There are admonitions from her to 2nd uncle and 3rd uncle to remain brotherly...I believe the message got across as the baser nature of both uncles are good...just a matter of understanding and communicating.

Then, 4th aunt's husband joined and youngest uncle .. rebuked ( for lack of a proper correct term) him. Actually, at first it was a request for respect for the family's religion and Jesus Christ, I can't believe Uncle William actually spoke on some manhole theorem! Basically, we cannot always use our beliefs and ignore the basic social decorum ..much more this is a family crisis. Expressing sadness that if one cannot preach to the patient and thereby she is going to Purgatory in front of grieving relatives is way .... way... beyond my understanding of a true servant of God.

There are ways you can save the sinner...if the faith of one is so great that one can disown one's son so one can receive salvation, well hey ...thy faith would be greater than a mustard seed and thus, one would SURELY be faithful enough to pray to God and request to be the intercessor to Jesus on behalf of Wai Por so she can be saved despite her earthly beliefs...did not the Bible say that - so ye man of little faith?

I remember my own grandmother had converted during her last days. Apparently my aunt had managed to convert her on grounds that if she doesn't, no one will pray for her after she passes on.

Vipers! Do I really think my grandmother felt comforted ?

I had a dream many days after her funeral. In it, I found myself wandering on a void deck in a funeral ... then I saw my grandmother burning some funeral accessories...I quickly ran over and asked .."Ma! What are you doing??" She said.."Sammy, Ma has nothing ..nobody burnt anything so I have do it myself.."
I said "Ma!...Stay with me..I have plenty to give you!" She then said "Sammy, Ma has to go now..Ma cannot take care of you anymore."

I always remembered this dream and somehow I felt really doubtful my grandmother got her peace despite her conversion.

For now, pray hard...and sound the battle horn again...the fight continues...

Sam

No comments: