Saturday, April 01, 2006

Life again

Experience

Today, I went to the Qing Ming with Wabe and all...even helped painted some of the oraments on the tomb..
I had the chance to visit my own grandmother tomb in the church in the afternoon. Thinking of the pain she went through before her passing filled me with deep grief and I barely could control myself. She who went through so much hardships..she who braved so many untold humiliation in front of relatives to save the skin of her sons who only knows how to gamble - for what!? To suffer in a stuffy 6 person ward as the sores on her back itches and she cannot bear it ? For the noble sons and daughter who can whine if they themselves are not in a private 1st class ward for their own ailments - them - these brood of vipers - they are concerned about the cost. "Oh you don't understand...this is to keep the cost down..you dont know how long she will last...money will be gone very quickly"
Hello?
Just what the fuck are you talking about? This is your mother - my beloved grandmother.
My grandmother used to tell me when she was living with me and my parents - she will stay till quite late in the void deck so she would not need to see my mother's face and endure her acid tongue and thus she will sit in the cold downstairs before coming back.
What is this?! From a long time ago, I lost my respect for these vipers. Truly, it is more difficult to forgive such ... animals than it is for a leper not to scratch his sores.
How I wish I had the chance to be filial to ah ma now. I no longer need to bow before our relatives, Ah Ma...we have broken through the hard times....if only you are still alive, I will provide you rich food, comfy bed and attention - not give you 2nd rated cheap goods like some.
You would love the 15 bucks/kg durians...the last time we bought ? I only can afford the 3 for 10...but you are so happy also.
*Pause*
What to do...this is all I can wish but the time is gone - I only wished I spent more time with you then.

I hope you like the Chrysanthemum flower - Wabe bought it- the An Kuay bride you said :)

Signing off,
Sammy

No comments: