Friday, April 07, 2006

Project XXX

Energy Renewed!

I am back. :)

No more complaints. Airline this time was on time..clean.

Chose a nearer hotel - no more traffic horrors :)

I went to Leela Hotel - this is a damn majestic structure...lush palm trees...streams and ..... LOADS of high end shops..Hugo etc..

Damn...because I look foreign and wore a suit... the salesmen all thought I was the Gucci loafer sort:) If only they see me in Singapore with market shorts and Ts...heh heh

I managed to look arrogantly bored as I waved them off...I was actually trying hard not to laugh. heh heh

I found a life lesson in this small little trip - when you spent less time complaining about how bad the situation is - you actually have more time to think about how good it can be.

And that I did.

Going through the meetings, the entire business of setting a digital TV - satellite business in the country is simply ... damn exciting. You get caught up with the excitement of it. The people are of extreme intellect - these are industry experts brought in from a media business in Europe - the technology consultants are visionaries - their ability to see end to end solutions is phenomenal - you can almost hear the brain waves crackling in the air.

This is what consulting is about. Value Add. Not like in some projects where consultants are mere glorified programmers.

And again, I worry for Singapore....Singaporeans in general. The generation needs to be afraid - dont not take chilling out in pubs etc as a foregone - we need to know ...relearn our ancestors' gungho spirit and hardworking attitude.

Work HARD ALL!!!

Sam

No comments: